Chelsea Sign N’Golo Kante From Leiceseter

StamfordBridgeLargeChelsea have signed Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kante for £30 million. Kante is due to complete his medical within the next 24 hours after Chelsea agreed a fee with the champions and five year, £120,000-a-week deal with the midfielder.

Leicester offered the 25-year-old Kante an improved four-year contract before Euro 2016, but the midfielder has informed Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri that he wants to quit the King Power for Stamford Bridge, turning his back on Champions League football in the process.

Kanté joined Leicester from Caen, the Ligue 1 club, for around £5.5m last summer and was a stand-out member of their Premier League title-winning side.

Losing him is a big blow for the Champions, but while Ranieri has insisted he would like Kante to stay at the club, hevsaid he would understand if the 25-year-old wished to leave the King Power stadium.

“I don’t want to lose him. I don’t want to, but I could understand if he wants to go.”

Kante is Chelsea’s second signing of the summer joining £33m striker Michy Batshuayi from Marseille. But Antonio Conte is not stopping there as the Blues have been heavily linked with Napoli centre-half Kalidou Koulibaly who is valued at £50m by the Serie A club.

‘We know this club, the team, needs to reinforce,’ said Conte at an unveiling press conference at Stamford Bridge on Thursday.

‘I am sure that in the coming days we can reach our target and we can buy one, two, three… I don’t know how many players but players that can reinforce us for the season.’

If they meet Napoli’s valuation for Koulibaly it will take Chelsea’s summer spree past £110m on only three players.

The arrival of Kante is expected to see fellow midfielder Nemanja Matic leave the club, with Juventus his most likely destination.

• Robby July 16, 2016, 6:50 pm

So sorry for our first match. It really means that we need to improve ,I believe that our tools are not yet blunt . Adding Ngolo would be a positive impact wrather than remaining constant and certain . IN AND OUT OF THE SEASON,WILL LOVE CHELSEA FOR ONE REASON ” THE BLUES SHALL NEVER FADE “

• Robby July 16, 2016, 6:48 pm

So sorry for our first match. It really means that we need to improve ,I believe that our tools are not yet blunt . Adding Ngolo would be a positive impact weather than remaining contant and certain . IN AND OUT OF THE SEASON,WILL LOVE CHELSEA FOR ONE REASON ” THE BLUES SHALL NEVER FADE “

• Destiny July 15, 2016, 7:16 pm

N’Golo Kante welcome to the bridge the Makelele.

• Walter July 15, 2016, 4:05 pm

Good signing but we still need a defender in the person of bonucci, stone or kalibuly and a good finisher to patner mich sincn costa wants to leave. cfc all way

• Segson July 15, 2016, 3:55 pm

Kante in matic out?kante is a great signing for chelsea

• baba miliki ifaki July 15, 2016, 3:49 pm

That is good for chelsea,this will bring my hrt back to my darling team.

• Duho Dicks Herunga July 15, 2016, 3:35 pm

I;m very much happy as a Chelsea fan to see Kante making a way to Chelsea and hoping he can improve a lot at Stamford Bridge and would like others to follow his footstep like Minolas from Roma.

• benjamin July 15, 2016, 3:17 pm

Why is it that Nigerian Mike Obi is been looked down on? I prefer the Nigerians to Matic! Mikel Obi is the best holding midfielder in English premiership league!

• David July 16, 2016, 2:39 pm

Got to disagree with you on that Benjamin. I don’t think even John Obi Mikel thinks he is the best holding midfielder in the Premier League

• lawal July 15, 2016, 3:10 pm