Serie A Tickets now offers up an in-depth look at the transfers who arrived in Italy for the 2008-2009 campaign.
1. Olof Mellberg – The centre back arrived at Juventus this summer via Aston Villa. He was excited to join the club using the Bosman ruling to move. He signed a three-year deal and so far has started 7 league matches and come on a substitute in two more. The 31-year-old Swedish international has the right recipe of international and domestic experience to keep the supporters happy. He was a favorite of the supporters while at Villa. Grade: B+
2. Mathieu Flamini – The midfielder arrived from Arsenal and has quickly cemented a place among some of the world’s top talent. The 24-year-old has started in 4 UEFA Cup matches for AC Milan. He has also started in 6 Serie A matches and subbed into three more. The defensive midfielder will be a fixture at the San Siro for years. Grade A-
3. Albin Ekdal – Juventus’ other Swedish signing this summer has quickly found opportunities to play even though he is only 19-years-old. The attacking midfielder has seen action in three Seria A matches as a substitute. Grade B-
4. Alberto Gilardino – After a successful three-year stint at AC Milan. The Italian international moved to Fiorentina this past May. He has not disappointed scoring 8 goals thus far. He also has two goals in four matches for Fiorentina as the club works through the UEFA Champions League. Grade A+
5. Frank Feltscher – The young Swiss winger moved to Lecce this summer from Grasshopper. He has seen action in one Serie A match. Grade D