Is David Luiz Really An Antonio Conte Player?

David-LuizLast week Antonio Conte was complaining about Chelsea’s lack of activity in the transfer market. Well the window has closed and after some last day shopping the Blues ended up spending £120m.

The headline making deal was the return of David Luiz from PSG for £34m. Luiz gives Conte the option of playing a three-man defense, but after chasing the like of Michael Emenalo, Marina Granovskaia, Kalidou Koulibaly and Leonardo Bonucci all summer, the arrival of David Luiz seems to have came out of left field.

Chelsea Major Signings:
Michy Batshuayi Marseille £33m; N’Golo Kanté Leicester City £30m; Marcos Alonso Fiorentina £23m; David Luiz PSG £34m

Chelsea Major Departures:
Mohamed Salah Roma £12m; Papy Djilobodji Sunderland £8m; Juan Cuadrado Juventus (loan)

Good Window?
For the second summer in succession, there was a rather slapdash feel to much of Chelsea’s business. The arrivals of N’Golo Kanté and Michy Batshuayi set an upbeat tone but the rather tortuous pursuit of various overpriced centre-halves in Serie A seemed without direction.

Grade
Despite my misgivings over the transfer strategy this was a good window for Chelsea. Not only because of the signings of Kanté, Batshuayi and Alonso, but also for who did not leave Stamford Bridge. Conte was able to persuade Diego Costa and Eden Hazard to stay, and that alone make me give Chelsea a A for this window.

What did you think of Chelsea’s transfer dealing? Happy? Unhappy?

• Sibabi Assadh September 1, 2016, 2:42 am

pls chls shouldrop matic rather to line up fabgas

• Victor September 1, 2016, 2:24 am

nice summer signings for mi darling Chelsea fc but magic should be seated for cesc Fabregas

• oladunjoye Taye September 1, 2016, 1:25 am

I think coming back of david luiz signal that there is better days ahead

• Dj white September 1, 2016, 1:21 am

I love chelsea alot and am happy with conte and our transfer activities so far most especially david luiz returns.

• mamboz September 1, 2016, 1:10 am

I love chelsea,welcome back bro Luiz we had missed you at the Bridge

• Ehix September 1, 2016, 12:41 am

Please make meaningful changes now. Drop ivanovic. Move Cezar to right back and Alonso to left back. Alternate cahill n Terry to partner Luiz. What dey fuck is Matic doing in the team. Now that you have convinced him of ignoring Juventus with the window closed plz start Cesc. Kindly introduce Batsman on time when Costa looks off in matches.

• Kingsley August 31, 2016, 11:56 pm

please conte I love Chelsea as a club drop matic and used fabrigas

• Ebenezer Edzii August 31, 2016, 11:53 pm

I prefer David Lius as a Ceñtral Defeñsive Midfielder and would have loved Christensen at Terry’s position

• Robby August 31, 2016, 10:56 pm

I am happy with Conte as mentioned above. On the other hand,please don’t release Cesc Fabregas. He is our king when it comes to passes and assists. Excellent Chelsea management and the entire Team.

• Robby August 31, 2016, 10:48 pm

I love Chelsea and this is my lifestyle. Thanks daddie Conte for resigning David our boy. I am grateful since Luiz is back again to Stamford Bridge. However,i suggest we strengthen our Striking force as soonest and sign Aubameyang from Dortmund before other Clubs snatches the player. He has an ability to give the team a positive impact. PLEASE Antonio LETS SIGN PIERRE EMERIC AUBAMEYANG. Go go go Chelsea. Success……