So the first round of matches in this years Champions League games are under our belt. And what did new learn?
- Well 11 out of the 16 games (69%) ended up in either a draw or a one goal victory. I think that this years Champions League is the deepest contest in years and that is reflected in the closeness of the games.
- As expected Real Madrid can score goals. Five in Switzerland against FC Zurich, but I would think that when we enter the knockout stages that Madrid will need to do something about that defense if they want to progress in the tournament
- The domination by the Premier League sides continued with four wins, and three of the four English teams posted a clean sheet.
- The problems that Serie A teams have had in recent years in the Champions League continues with only one win from 4 games.
- Ronaldo and Messi showed once again why they are the two best players in the world.