Week 23 (08/19)
Last Week’s Ranking in Parenthesis…
- Columbus (2): Who needs Sigi? The Crew is back in the #1 spot and leading the race for the Shield.
- Houston (1): The Dynamo got a tie on the road, but they have fallen behind the Crew overall in ’09.
- Chicago (3): The Fire got yet another win on the road, but they can’t climb into the top 2 yet.
- Seattle (7): The Sounders win @ the HDC has them moving on up again. Can they keep rising?
- Colorado (5): It’s STO, so you don’t play, you stay put. The Dick needed a week off, too. So dirty…
- Chivas USA (6): A road win results in the Goats staying put. Why? It was against the Red Bulls.
- L.A. (4): The Gals fall far this week. Not only did they lose @ home, but Goldenballs saw a red.
- Toronto (10): The Reds won last week @ BMO over DC, so they deserve to rise in these rankings.
- New England (9): The Rev didn’t play last week, so they won’t move. They need a playoff push.
- D.C. (8): While the loss on the road wasn’t unusual for DC, I fear their long season will tire them out.
- Salt Lake (11): RSL needs more than a tie @ home, even against HOU. I think they have regressed.
- Dallas (12): Another week on the road, another losing week. Dallas isn’t terrible, but they ain’t good.
- Kansas City (13): What’s worse than losing? Well, losing @ home. The Fire spoiled Vermes debut.
- San Jose (14): SJE didn’t play, and they wouldn’t move anyways. NYRB will never cede the cellar!
- New York (15): The Red Bulls lost @ home. Again. What a sad team? What a sad season? Their new slogan should be “Red Bull: It Clips Your Wings!”