Yester the news was all aboit Juventus firing Ranieri. Today the news is that former Netherlands coach Marco van Basten has discussed the possibility of taking over at Milan, according to the club’s assistant manager Filippo Galli.
Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has said his future will be decided next weekend amid constant speculation that he will leave to join Chelsea.
Van Basten, one of Milan’s most famous former players, quit as Ajax manager earlier this month saying he was “not good enough” for the job. He was in Italy for a golf tournament on Sunday and held dinner with some friends, including Galli.
“Something was said about the possibility of him coaching Milan. But we mainly talked about his experience at Ajax,” Galli was quoted as saying by various Italian media. “From what he said, up to last night the club have not contacted him. I don’t know what will happen with Ancelotti, it is difficult to say.”
Media reports have said Milan director Leonardo, who is taking his coaching badges, Cagliari boss Massimiliano Allegri and former Barcelona coach and Milan player Frank Rijkaard are also in the running for the San Siro job should Ancelotti leave.