≡ Menu

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is ready to play Fabinho in central defence alongside Joel Matip if Dejan Lovren fails to recover from a hamstring injury.

Virgil van Dijk is suspended for the last-16 first-leg while Joe Gomez is sidelined with his recovery from a fractured leg.

Klopp said that Lovren is touch-and-go to make Tuesday’s match at Anfield.

‘Dejan, I actually have to wait minute by minute if there is a chance or not,’ Klopp said.

‘Fabinho? In the Champions League, against Bayern Munich, it is not an easy job but it makes sense, it depends all about how we defend in general.

Manchester United have received a whopping £3.8BILLION takeover bid from Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman.

The Saudi royal family, who are worth a staggering £850bn, are hoping to tempt United’s current owners the Glazers into selling the club before the start of next season.

The proposed takeover bid comes after United chiefs have been seen spending an increasing amount of time in Saudi Arabia, according to media reports.

Sources close to the Glazer family claim that they are against selling the Premier League club but an offer that big could certainly tempt United’s owners.

Struggling Manchester United star Alexis Sanchez has admitted he is running out of time to resurrect his career at Old Trafford after losing confidence under previous manager Jose Mourinho.

Sanchez, understood to be the highest-paid player in the Premier League on £350,000-a-week, has a golden opportunity to shine against Chelsea and Liverpool this week because of injuries to Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard.

And the 30-year-old Chilean is aware he has to deliver.

‘I think a player like me has to show it right now. There is no time (to lose), nothing,’ said Sanchez, who has started just 18 league games for United since joining from Arsenal at the start of last year

Arsenal will miss Aaron Ramsey when he leaves for Juventus, according to Arsene Wenger as the Wales midfielder is set to move to Turin when his Emirates contract expires this summer.

Ramsey ran his deal down after talks reached an impasse and last week signed lucrative terms in Italy. But Wenger believes Arsenal should have convinced the 28-year-old to stay.

‘It will be a loss for Arsenal,’ said Wenger, speaking at the Laureus Sport for Good presentation. ‘I must say it will be an interesting move for Ramsey. He is a player who is great going forward.

Manchester United are lining up a sensational £70million bid to bring Jadon Sancho back to England, according to reports.

The 18-year-old forward has won plenty of plaudits after impressing in his short spell at Borussia Dortmund since leaving Manchester City in 2017.

Sancho returned to England for his first game at club-level since leaving last week as Dortmund were comfortably beaten 3-0 by Tottenham at Wembley.

However, according to media reports, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is lining up a mega-money move to bring the promising young talent back permanently.

Juventus have tabled a staggering offer for Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah worth €50million (£44m) and Paulo Dybala.

According to Italian publication Tuttosport, who have the story on their front page on Thursday, the Italian champions are serious in their pursuit of the Egypt star.

Salah signed a new five-year contract at Liverpool last July and the terms do not include a release clause.

The 26-year-old has turned into one of the best players in the world since joining Liverpool from Roma in 2017.

He scored 44 goals in his debut season as Liverpool reached the Champions League final before losing to Real Madrid.

Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu is confident that Lionel Messi, along with others, will continue to represent the Blaugrana for the next few seasons.

The 31-year-old has scored 581 goals in 665 games for the Catalan giants and is under contract at the Camp Nou until 2021, having signed a deal in November 2017.

A new deal for the Argentine has not been formally discussed but a contract renewal will definitely be drawn up according to Bartomeu.

“Leo Messi will continue with us,” Bartomeu told RKB. “He is a club player and the relationship will continue forever.

Spalletti: Icardi ‘Embarrassed’ Inter Milan

No team in Serie A does self-destruction better than Inter Milan as the Mauro Icardi saga took another twist as Inter boss Luciano Spalletti claimed that his best player ‘embarrassed’ Inter on the eve of their Europa League last-32 first leg against Rapid Vienna.

Icardi was stripped of Inter’s captaincy on Wednesday morning, before it emerged that the striker had made himself unavailable for the trip to Vienna.

Speaking at the press conference ahead of Inter’s Europa League tie, Spalletti has this to say about his former captain:

“Icardi? We’ll pursue the appropriate action in light of the positions that have been taken.

Gareth Bale Facing 12-game Ban For Real Madrid

Gareth Bale could be banned for up to 12 games for a gesture he made after scoring a goal in Real Madrid’s 3-1 victory over Atletico Madrid last weekend.

The Welshman fired home Real’s third goal of the game – and his 100th for the club – in the 74th minute of the match at the Wanda Metropolitano last Saturday.

Bale celebrated by making a gesture after the goal, raising a bent arm and hitting it with his other hand.

That gesture is deemed to be an offensive one in Spain, and La Liga have approached the Spanish Football Federation to call for a ban.

Arsene Wenger has revealed he rejected the opportunity to become Real Madrid manager “more than once” while in charge of Arsenal.

Wenger left Arsenal last May after 22 years at the club as manager, having won three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups.

The 69-year-old is yet to return to the game, despite stating that he would be back in management in January.

Talking on beIN Sport, he said the prospect of succeeding current head coach Santiago Solari at Real is not on the cards.

“I have turned down Real Madrid more than once. I must say now it’s over for me.”