On the eve of the transfer period, European clubs begin to maneuver for their primary and secondary targets. Here are several questions to consider:
1. Will Cristiano Ronaldo stay or will he go? All signs point to the Manchester United star moving to Real Madrid. Will the Spanish outfit be able to come up with enough cash to secure the services of the world’s greatest player?
2. Will A.C. Milan, Manchester City, or another club land Barcelona’s Ronaldinho? Argentine superstar and fellow teammate Lionel Messi wants the Brazilian to remain with the Catalan outfit, but it looks like Ronaldinho is moving on.
3. Will Andrei Arshavin move to Barcelona, a club in England, or remain at Zenit St. Petersburg? The playmaker wants to move to La Liga and is sought by several clubs in the Premiership. Zenit’s ownsership has the financial means to retain their star. Will the allure of a major cash windfall be too much?
4. Will Lukas Podolski leave FC Bayern Munich? It was baffling to watch the German star ride the pine throughout the majority of the Bundesliga campaign. Granted, Toni and Klose are top-notch forwards, but the Polish-born German international should have been on the pitch more.
5. Who will follow The Special One to Inter? Several of his former players at Chelsea have been mentioned including Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba. Who will call Serie A home next season?