Napoli

AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Serie A

Serie A To Continue Behind Closed Doors

Italy’s Minister of Sport Vincenzo Spadafora says Serie A will “go ahead” with games played behind closed doors following a meeting held in Rome.

Serie A has been thrown into chaos following a string of postponements due to the ever-growing spread of the Coronavirus in the country.

However only games in certain regions have been cancelled.

This has led to in fighting between many of the clubs, with some stating that either all games go ahead, behind closed doors, or they should all be postponed.

Today a meeting was held between the clubs and Italy’s Minister of Sport, Vincenzo Spadafora, in order to resolve the ever-growing crisis.

Premier League

Gennaro Gattuso Named As New Napoli Manager

Gennaro Gattuso has been confirmed as the new boss of Napoli following the sacking of Carlo Ancelotti.

The former Milan boss has been given a six-month contract, with provision for an additional year if certain results are achieved, such as qualifying for the Champions League.

Gattuso took training on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after his former AC Milan mentor departed.

The club have struggled in recent weeks and they are winless in seven Serie A games in succession, sitting seventh in the table and 17 points off leaders Juventus.

On joining, Gattuso said:

Champions League, Serie A

Napoli Sack Carlo Ancelotti

Napoli have sacked manager Carlo Ancelotti less than three hours after he guided them into the Champions League knockout stages.

The Serie A club had not won in nine games in all competitions until Tuesday’s 4-0 success at home to Genk.

Ancelotti was in his second season in charge of Napoli but they sit seventh in the league after that poor run.

They are the only team to beat Liverpool in 90 minutes this season, defeating the Reds 2-0 in September.

Last month the manager and Napoli players were in a high-profile dispute with president Aurelio de Laurentiis.

AC Milan, Serie A

AC Milan ‘Want To Bring Carlo Ancelotti Back To San Siro’

AC Milan are lining up a sensational return for former boss Carlo Ancelotti, according to reports in Italy.

Ancelotti’s future as Napoli manager is up in the air following a team mutiny against club owner Aurelio De Laurentiis.

The turbulent period at the San Paolo Stadium came after a poor run of results which led to the controversial chairman organising a training camp – something which was rejected by players and the coaching staff.

Reports in Italy are suggesting that Ancelotti has just two games to save his job considering Napoli have not won a league game since mid October.

Barcelona, Tickets

Barcelona To Play In US This Summer

Barcelona v Napoli Tickets

In a late surprise for Barcelona fans in the US, the La Liga champions have announced that they will play two games in the US against Napoli this summer as part of the first LaLiga Serie A Cup.

Barça are taking advantage of the Spanish Super Cup changes, which will now take place in Saudi Arabia in January, to extend their preseason tour.

The first match will take place in Miami on August 7th before the two clubs head to Ann Arbor Stadium at the University of Michigan on August 10th.

Man Utd., Serie A

Napoli Put Price Tag On Defender Kalidou Koulibaly

Manchester United will have to smash their transfer record and pay a world record fee for a defender, after Napoli put a €150 million price tag on Senegal international centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly.

Interest is high in the Napoli defender and he has been heavily linked with a move to a top European club in recent months.

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea are in the race for the 27-year-old, according to reports in Italy, but United are believed to view him as a top priority.

Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis is not prepared to let him leave on the cheap, however, and is demanding a world-record fee for a defender, claim Gazzetta dello Sport.

Champions League, Serie A

Napoli Boss Opens Door For Cavani Return

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has told Paris St Germain striker Edinson Cavani he is welcome back at his former club any time before the two sides meet in the Champions League on Wednesday.

The Uruguay striker spent three years with Napoli before joining PSG in 2013 in a deal worth a €6 4million, making it the sixth biggest transfer in history at that point.

He has since scored 176 goals in 255 appearances for PSG, but speculation about the 31-year-old’s future in the French capital has been near-constant since the arrival of Neymar in the summer of 2017.

Champions League, Liverpool

Klopp: Liverpool Had Only Themselves To Blame After Napoli Defeat

Champions League Trophy

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says his side only have themselves to blame after a late winner from Lorenzo Insigne gave Napoli victory in their Champions League group game in Italy.

Napoli dominated the second half as substitute Dries Mertens also deflected an effort on to the crossbar.

The hosts had the better chances throughout as Fabian Ruiz and Arkadiusz Milik had shots saved by Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson.

“We have to blame ourselves, that’s how it is,” said Klopp.

Liverpool’s best effort came via Mohamed Salah, who shot wide after the break, but Klopp’s side failed to record a single effort on target in Italy.

Liverpool, Serie A

Napoli Owner Accuses Roma And Liverpool Of Collusion

Blockbuster claims from outspoken Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis, who suggested on Friday that the owners of Roma and Liverpool are secretly the same.

In an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday, De Laurentiis said “a little bird has told me a few years ago” that Pallotta is in some form of partnership with Liverpool owner John Henry.

“I always had a suspicion that the real owner of Roma is the same as Liverpool, and if this were the case, the two clubs should not be allowed to play in the Champions League,” De Laurentiis said.

Chelsea, Serie A

Napoli President Slams Maurizio Sarri After Chelsea Switch

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has accused former manager Maurizio Sarri of attempting to take his ‘whole team’ with him to Chelsea.

De Laurentiis replaced Sarri with Carlo Ancelotti at the end of last season after the Italian took too long to make his mind up about his future.

The 59-year-old remained contractually tied to the Serie A club even after his dismissal, before the Blues eventually reached an agreement to bring him in as a replacement for Antonio Conte.

Sarri wasted no time in bringing Jorginho with him from Naples and De Laurentiis has revealed the midfielder wasn’t the only player he tried to take with him to Stamford Bridge