Lazio

News, commentary, tickets, pre and post match reaction alongside opinion about the Lazio football team.

AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Serie A

Italian Health Experts So No To Season Resuming

The Italian National Institute of Health (ISS) says it ‘wouldn’t be in favour’ of the season resuming.

The FIGC, Serie A and sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora are all in agreement over completing the 2019-20 campaign as soon as it is safe enough to do so.

It had been suggested that training could start again once the first phase of lockdown ends on May 3, with a view to possibly ending the season by August.

However, the ISS, the leading technical-scientific body of the Italian health service, believes 2019-20 should be written off.

AC Milan, Barcelona, Europe, Inter Milan, Juventus, La Liga, Major League Soccer, Real Madrid, Serie A, Tickets

La Liga, Eredivisie, Primeira Liga And MLS All Suspend Play

Spain’s La Liga, the Dutch Eredivisie, Portugal’s Primeira Liga and USA’s Major League Soccer have been suspended over coronavirus concerns.

There will be no action in the Spanish top flight for “at least the next two rounds of matches” as a result of the quarantine of the Real Madrid squad.

Netherlands’ top two leagues have also been suspended for the same period.

The 2020 Major League Soccer season – which started less than two weeks ago – has been suspended for 30 days.

AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Serie A

Serie A Suspended Until At Least April 3

All sport in Italy is to be suspended for the next month as the Italian authorities steps up measures to prevent further spread of the coronavirus.

The Italian national Olympic committee confirmed the news on Monday, which includes all matches in Serie A, Italy’s highest football division, but does not cover Italian clubs or national teams competing in international competitions such as the Champions League.

The committee, which oversees all sporting events in the country, said in a statement that the suspension will last until April 3 and that it would request a government decree to impose its decision.

AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Serie A

Serie A To Continue Behind Closed Doors

Italy’s Minister of Sport Vincenzo Spadafora says Serie A will “go ahead” with games played behind closed doors following a meeting held in Rome.

Serie A has been thrown into chaos following a string of postponements due to the ever-growing spread of the Coronavirus in the country.

However only games in certain regions have been cancelled.

This has led to in fighting between many of the clubs, with some stating that either all games go ahead, behind closed doors, or they should all be postponed.

Today a meeting was held between the clubs and Italy’s Minister of Sport, Vincenzo Spadafora, in order to resolve the ever-growing crisis.

News, Serie A

Lazio Gets Two Match Stadium Ban By Uefa

lazio-fansUefa on Wednesday announced that Lazio will play their next two UEFA competition home matches behind closed doors plus fined the club €40,000.

Lazio was on a suspended sentence for instances of racist abuse from supporters during this season and stadium inspectors spotted around 300 members of the crowd performing Nazi salutes during the 2-0 win over Borussia Monchengladbach last week in the Europa League.

The ban mean that Lazio’s Europa League game against Stuttgart on 14 March, will now be played behind closed doors.

Juventus, Serie A

Roma and Juventus Share The Spoils In Rome

As one unbeaten run came to a close in England, another ws sustained in Italy as the magic hands of Italy and Juventus keeper Gianluigi Buffon earned the Bianconeri a 1-1  draw with Roma.

It’s been interesting to see how the Italian Serie A is playing out these past couples of weeks. Many did not expect the likes of Lazio, Napoli and Udinese to put up such a stiff fight for such a long time.

Juve’s latest result sees them take their unbeaten run in the league to 14 games. Folowing their result, Juve moved back to the top of the league level on 30 points with Udinese. Defending Champions Milan are in third place just 2 points of the lead.

Serie A

Former Juventus Director Moggi Gets 5 Years For Involvement In Calciopoli Scandal

The curtains were finally drawn on the Calciopoli trial yesterday when chief suspect Luciano Moggi was found guilty of sporting fraud and sentenced to 5 years and 4 months in prison.

The 74 year old was director of Juventus during the infamous 2005/2006 season when the club was demoted to Serie B for its involvement in match fixing scandals that saw them win the league that season.

Ironically, Moggi will not serve any of his sentence in an actual prison cell as this being a first-degree sentence, Italian laws give him the opportunity to contest the judgement through its many appeal levels.

Premier League

European Leagues Round Up

It was business as usual for La Liga heavy weights Barcelona and Real Madrid as they romped to 3-0 and 4-1 wins over Racing Santander and Real Betis this weekend to continue on their amazing winning streaks.

However, the 2 teams are separated by a single point and a club which many people are not used to seeing on this end of the table – Levante. Barcelona are joint leaders of the league with Levante after amassing 17 points in 7 fixtures so far. However, the Catalans lead the table because of their superior goal difference.

Serie A

David Trezeguet Waiting For Lazio’s Call

The future of David Trezeguet in Juventus once again takes another twist as after earlier this month things seems to goes well and he would probably stay in Turin, this days reports stated that the striker is surely leaving the club.

Trezeguet’s agent, Antonio Caliendo, was the one that confirm that with the player’s exclusion from Juventus’ squad that will be facing Sturm Graz today it can be confirmed that the former Monaco striker will leave.

The agent also hinted that currently there are two clubs that could be the former French international striker’s destination for the upcoming season, those clubs are Lazio and Hercules.

Serie A

Lazio Closing In on Santa Cruz

After successfully securing the service of talented Brazilian midfielder, Hernanes, Lazio reportedly have set their eyes on another South American player, Paraguayan international, Roque Santa Cruz.

According to the Italian media the Manchester City striker has become a new candidate to fill the Aquiloti’s striking department for the upcoming season after the capital club finds it difficult to land Hugo Almeida.