The three came top in a poll of journalists from each of UEFA’s member national associations, with the overall winner to be announced on 29 August.
Ribéry, who has to be the favorite, helped Bayern Munich win a historic treble last season, as they swept the Bundesliga title, German Cup and the Champions League.
Messi helped Barca win the Spanish league last season, and while his 46 league goals is amazing, he never seemed to hit the heights he reached in previous season.
Meanwhile Ronaldo was the top scorer in the Champions League with 12 goals for Madrid, but the lack of silverware last season will hurt his bid.
The rest of the voting:
- 4 Arjen Robben (NED) – FC Bayern München (57 points)
- 5 Robert Lewandowski (POL) – Borussia Dortmund (39)
- 6 Thomas Müller (GER) – FC Bayern München (38)
- 7 Bastian Schweinsteiger (GER) – FC Bayern München (32)
- 8 Gareth Bale (WAL) – Tottenham Hotspur FC (24)
- 9 Zlatan Ibrahimović (SWE) – Paris Saint-Germain FC (14)
- 10 Robin van Persie (NED) – Manchester United FC (10)
Andrés Iniesta won the award in 2011/12 award after Messi won it in 2010/11.
Who do you think will win the award later this month?