Well Real Madrid appealed that ruling and today, UEFA’s disciplinary committee met in special session and rejected the request. Real Madrid’s directors has said the club will take its case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport which could meet next week.
Basically Madrid wanted to play both Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Lassana Diarra against Liverpool next month. The problem they faced was that under Article 17.18 of the Champions League regulations it says that clubs can register up to three newly signed players for the knockout stage before a Feb. 1 deadline, but that only one whom appeared in UEFA competition earlier in the season.
Huntelaar (Ajax Amsterdam) and Diarra (Portsmouth) both played in the UEFA Cup. Real Madrid’s directors has said the club will take its case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.