In a thrilling FA Cup third-round draw, Arsenal is set to host Liverpool next month, marking the first time the two sides have met in the competition since their 2014 encounter. That fifth-round clash saw Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal clinch a 2-1 victory at the Emirates Stadium. This upcoming match is sure to rekindle memories of the 2001 FA Cup final, where Michael Owen’s double secured a win for Liverpool, contributing to their Cup treble that year. Arsenal, with their record 14 FA Cup wins, will undoubtedly look to add another memorable chapter to their storied history in the competition.
Another highlight of the draw is the Tyne-Wear derby, with Newcastle traveling to Sunderland for their first FA Cup clash since 1956. This eagerly anticipated match is the first Tyne-Wear derby in any competition since 2016, promising to be a gripping encounter.
Other notable all-Premier League ties include Tottenham hosting Burnley, Everton traveling to Crystal Palace, and Brentford visiting Wolves. Defending champions Manchester City will welcome Huddersfield Town, while last year’s runners-up Manchester United face a trip to Wigan Athletic. Chelsea is set to host Preston North End in another exciting match-up.
The lowest-ranked team remaining, Ramsgate, from the Isthmian League South East Division, faces a challenging tie against AFC Wimbledon. If victorious, Ramsgate will meet Ipswich Town, currently performing strongly in the Championship.
National League leaders Chesterfield, having ousted Leyton Orient, are rewarded with a trip to Watford. Eastleigh awaits the winner of the Stevenage vs. Port Vale match, while Alfreton Town, if successful in their rescheduled match against Walsall, will set up a clash with Southampton.
FA Cup Third Round Tickets
- Luton Town vs. Bolton
- Shrewsbury Town vs. Wrexham or Yeovil
- Arsenal vs. Liverpool – Buy FA Cup Tickets
- Stoke City vs. Brighton
- Norwich vs. Crewe or Bristol Rovers
- West Ham vs. Bristol City – Buy FA Cup Tickets
- Tottenham vs. Burnley – Buy FA Cup Tickets
- Fulham vs. Rotherham United
- West Brom vs. Aldershot or Stockport
- Southampton vs. Alfreton or Walsall
- Wimbledon or Ramsgate vs. Ipswich
- Peterborough vs. Leeds United
- Millwall vs. Leicester City
- Watford vs. Chesterfield or Leyton Orient
- Sunderland vs. Newcastle – Buy FA Cup Tickets
- Sheffield Wednesday vs. Cardiff
- Crystal Palace vs. Everton – Buy FA Cup Tickets
- Middlesbrough vs. Aston Villa
- Nottingham Forest vs. Blackpool or Forest Green
- Wigan vs. Manchester United – Buy FA Cup Tickets
- Manchester City vs. Huddersfield Town – Buy FA Cup Tickets
- Blackburn Rovers vs. Cambridge United
- Gillingham vs. Sheffield United
- Swansea City vs. Morecambe
- Chelsea vs. Preston – Buy FA Cup Tickets
- QPR vs. Bournemouth
- Coventry vs. Oxford
- Brentford vs. Wolves
- Plymouth vs. Sutton United
- Maidstone United vs. Stevenage or Port Vale
- Newport County or Barnet vs. Eastleigh or Reading
- Hull City vs. Birmingham City
The FA Cup third-round matches are scheduled to take place between January 5 and 8, setting the stage for another enthralling chapter in this historic competition.