USA v Ecuador – Landon Donovan’s Final National Team Match

by David

in News, Tickets, World Cup

landonAfter a 15-year international career, U.S. Men’s National Team forward Landon Donovan will make his final appearance for the United States when the team plays against Ecuador on Oct. 10 in East Hartford, Connecticut. Buy USA v Eduador Tickets

It is interesting that US Soccer is giving Donovan a farewell game after Jurgen Klinsmann unceremoniously dropped him from the US squad for the World Cup. And I am sure we will read to much into it that U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati who is quoted about the event and not Klinsmann.

“For 15 years, Landon has thrilled us with his amazing abilities on the field and impressed us with his gracious approach off the field,” said U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati. “We are looking forward to celebrating his legacy during our next home National Team match and allowing fans the opportunity to thank him for all the memories he’s provided over the years.”

Donovan announced in August that he would retire from soccer at the end of the Major League Soccer season. He holds several records for the National Team, including most goals (57) and assists (58).

“Playing for the U.S. National Team has been a huge part of my career and I’m ecstatic to have the opportunity to play for my country one last time,” said Donovan. “I’m so grateful to all the fans that have supported me and this game will give me the chance to say thank you to all of them. I look forward to a great evening and I’m thankful to U.S. Soccer for making this happen.”

The best player in American history makes his farewell appearance. Don’t miss it!! Buy USA v Eduador Tickets

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

Alejandra Gutierrez January 1, 2009 at 2:07 am

HI, CAN U LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE FEE AND WHEN IT STARTS THE SALE OF THE TICKETS FOR THE GAME US NATIONAL TEAM VERSUS MEXICO, THE GAME IS AT COLUMBUS ON FEBRUARY 11TH. THANKX A LOT I HOPE U CAN ANSWER SOON, TAKE CARE AND THANKX 4 YOUR TIME.

lonnie January 10, 2009 at 5:19 pm

I also need to know when the US vs MEXICO tickets will be on sale. I need 15 tickets. Please can someone let me know as soon as they find out. I have gone under every aval. site.

David Wilson January 11, 2009 at 4:47 am

Unless you are a Crew ticket holder or belong to something like Sam’s army Lonnie, it looks like a ticket reseller like StubHub is your only choice for tickets to the game

don January 16, 2009 at 1:01 pm

crewsoccerfan2@yahoo.com

i have tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Wilson January 16, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Congrats on getting the tickets Don. Hopefully it will be a good game

andy January 22, 2009 at 1:45 pm

can someone please tell me when are they going to post the venue for the games between usa and trinidad april 1st,and when the tickets go on sale.

David Wilson January 22, 2009 at 3:53 pm

Andy, I would expect that announcement sometime late next month

Dave February 12, 2009 at 8:42 am

When will the venue for USA vs Honduras be decided and announced and when will tickets go on sale? What a win vs Mexico! It was great to see so many foreign based players! Our defense looked a bit suspect however. Hopefully that will improve with time, otherwise things will be same-ole-same-ole come cup time!

David Wilson February 12, 2009 at 9:43 am

Hi Dave. The U.S. will play Honduras on June 6 at Soldier Field in Chicago. I would expect tickets to go on sale in early May.

Debby March 13, 2013 at 9:23 am

Just announced – The US will play Honduras June 18 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah

mario February 13, 2009 at 8:35 pm

Hi congrats to the US team they play great against Mexico i hope the US keeps on the supremacy against Mexico for years to came, but I’m from Honduras and i hope that we do a lot more than Mexico to take a least one point home, but if not i would just like to see national team for the first time here in Chicago.

Richard Marnoch December 6, 2009 at 11:42 am

Can anyone tell me the schedule and venues for the Mexico national teams warm up games in the US in 2010.

David Wilson December 6, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Mexico’ s schedule has not yet been released. When it is released we will let you know

Milly Concha April 5, 2011 at 10:01 am

Please let me know when tickets go for sale.Thank you very much!

David Wilson April 6, 2011 at 9:17 am

Expect them to go on sale sometime in April, but waiting to get the official date from US Soccer

Jake garrison April 19, 2011 at 9:51 pm

It would be awesome to see US take on Spain in Massachusetts

K. Everett June 3, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I have two tickets to the USA v. Spain game for Saturday June 4th. The tickets are for the Club section, section 34, row19, seats 19 and20. The tickets values are 495.00 each and a five dollar handling fee. This is face value for the tickets. Club seating gives you great seats, waitstaff, extra wide leather seating, all indoors, on a hot day nothing like a cold beer in controlled air! Tickets available until game time! Game time is four thirty.

Jose L Rodriguez August 10, 2011 at 9:50 am

I have 2 tickets ofr tonight game at the Lincoln financial field between Mexico and USA for sale.
Section 128, row # 2 seat # 1 and # 2. Asking $ 70.00 each. I can send them by email

You acn cal me at 609-802-7126 if interested

Let me knoe if you are interested