Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro claims the club has rejected an offer from the Spanish side Real Madrid for the up and coming teenage striker, Neymar.
Neymar has been under close watch by other clubs including Barcelona and Chelsea over the last year but Ribeiro has made it clear all summer that the 19-year-old Brazilian International is not for sale. Santos has had two offers from Real Madrid for the youngster and several offers from other clubs and at times has actually looked like he was on the verge of making the move (according to various news sources).
Upon hearing of Real’s second offer Ribeiro stated: “It is the same proposal. We had until the end of the month as a deadline to respond, and I had already indicated that the answer would be ‘no.’ I will make that formal on Monday.”
Neymar has quickly become one of the soccer world’s hottest new players after solidifying his star role for Santos, especially showcasing this in their Copa Libertadores triumph last season, and for Brazil in this summers’ Gold Cup.
“We have no interest in selling Neymar and we have formally communicated this,” Ribeiro said. The Santos president has made it very clear and the player himself is said to be happy to remain with the club until after the FIFA Club World Cup in December.
No doubt a superstar in the making. And if you don’t believe it, here’s an absolutely outrageous goal from Neymar from Santos’ 5-4 defeat to Flamengo last week to prove it.