MLS Power Rankings (04/14) – Last Week’s Rank In Parenthesis
- LA Galaxy (1): Another week, another Buddle brace for LA fans to boast about.
- N.Y. Red Bulls (5): Angel got into the brace business too as NY dealt with Dallas.
- K.C. Wizards (2): The Wiz finally lost, so they fall one spot, but they looked good.
- Columbus Crew (4): You don’t play, you don’t move. ‘Tis an STO tradition.
- Seattle Sounders (6): Fucito’s late magic ensured success for the Sounders.
- Houston Dynamo (9): 3 goals vs. the Goats move Kinnear’s lads up 3 spots.
- Colorado Rapids (7): The Dick was the site of a Rapids win w/ 2 Casey PKs.
- S.J. Earthquakes (11): A solid win @ home has Yallop’s side on a hot streak.
- N.E. Revolution (3): After being outplayed by SJE, the Revs fall the farthest.
- Chicago Fire (14): This team may only be able to win away from Toyota Park.
- Real Salt Lake (8): The Gals got a little revenge on RSL for last year’s MLS Cup.
- Philly Union (10): A close one in Canada ended the wrong way for Philly fans.
- Toronto FC (15): The Reds move up for winning @ home, but they lost @ the Dick.
- FC Dallas (13): One week the refs help you, the next week they stomp your nuts.
- Chivas USA (12): The worst thing about the Goats is they aren’t getting better.
- DC United (16): Their coach is awful. Their talent is sparse. Their fans are fleeing.
STO Player of the Week:
Week 4: Mike Chabala (HOU)
Week 3: Zach Schilawski (NER)
Week 2: Kenny Mansally (NER)
Week 1: Javier Morales (RSL)
My MFLS Update:
Week 4 was legendary for The Laws of Lalas. I picked up some major points in both the Fantasy League (55) and in the Prediction Competition (32). In fact, out of almost 2,750 managers, I finished with the 15th best weekly score in the Fantasy League and I just missed the Top 25 in the Predictions League (1 point behind No. 25). After Houston had a problem last week (and cost me greatly), they soared this week with a big performance against the Goats, which helped my side mightily. All in all, it was a great week. The only poor performance came from Quaranta, and with DC playing terrible (and idle next week), I decided he had to go. So, I have brought back Pappa for Week 5.
But, before Week 5 rolls around, let’s look at my performance after Week 4:
Out of 2,705 teams, I am currently:
#293 in the Fantasy League; and
#145 in the Prediction League.
Here is how I stack up against the savvy managers in my historic division, USA vs. World.
Out of 30 teams, I am currently:
#15 in the Fantasy League; and
#8 in the Prediction League.
Finally, here is my cup history for 2010:
Elite Cup: Eliminated in First Round by Ladanday Rovers FC.
MFLS Open Cup: Eliminated in First Round of Qualifiers.
Geographic Cup: Eliminated in First Round by EHS Wildcats.
International Cup: In progress. Won first match of Group Stage.
Please wish my squad luck. We’ll need it.