MLS Power Rankings (04/14) – Last Week’s Rank In Parenthesis
- LA Galaxy (2): They still have not ceded a goal, and they are on top of the table.
- K.C. Wizards (8): They haven’t been scored on yet either. Vermes is very happy.
- N.E. Revolution (7): The most rambunctious Zach since Morris moves NER up.
- Columbus Crew (1): A tie on the road shouldn’t drop you this far, but it must CMB.
- N.Y. Red Bulls (3): A road loss brings Backe’s boys back down a bit on this list.
- Seattle Sounders (11): Their road tie showed they have grit, and Sigi likes grits.
- Colorado Rapids (5): This team seems to always look sick away from the Dick.
- Real Salt Lake (6): They could only get one point at Rio Tinto, so they fall two spots.
- Houston Dynamo (4): Wow. Kinnear’s bunch balked vs. LA, so they fall far this week.
- Philly Union (15): The Frenchman rang three times in order to give Philly its 1st win.
- S.J. Earthquakes (16): A huge road win for the Quakes shows they have some fight.
- Chivas USA (13): Thornton looked like Thor as Chivas finally put points on the board.
- FC Dallas (10): Another paltry crowd, and another poor result. They were lucky too.
- Chicago Fire (12): What is going on with the Fire @ Toyota Park? The hex remains!
- Toronto FC (9): Preki’s bunch hasn’t just looked poor, they’ve been pathetic.
- DC United (14): Their play so far makes one wonder why Onalfo was ever hired.
STO Player of the Week:
Week 3: Zach Schilawski (NER)
Week 2: Kenny Mansally (NER)
Week 1: Javier Morales (RSL)
My MFLS Update:
Week 3 was not kind to The Laws of Lalas, my MFLS squad. Sure, I scored two goals and picked up a couple of assists, but I called the Houston game all wrong and Edson Buddle made me pay for it. I laid a huge goose egg for the week. That’s zero, zip, nil. Many people struggled, but some figured out how to overcome the interesting road wins and emerge with big weeks. Now, I am thinking of playing two TOR guys because they play two like Mr. Banks this week.
It will be boom or bust.
But, before Week 4 rolls around, let’s look at my performance after Week 3:
Out of 2,686 teams, I am currently:
#1212 in the Fantasy League; and
#418 in the Prediction League.
Here is how I stack up against the savvy managers in my historic division, USA vs. World.
Out of 30 teams, I am currently:
#24 in the Fantasy League; and
#13 in the Prediction League.
Finally, here is my cup history for 2010:
Elite Cup: Eliminated in First Round.
MFLS Open Cup: Eliminated in First Round.
Geographic Cup: Eliminated in First Round.
International Cup: Starts Week 4.
Please wish my squad luck. We’ll need it.