MLS Power Rankings (04/07) – Last Week’s Rank In Parenthesis
- Columbus Crew (1): STO Rules state that a team doesn’t move if it doesn’t play.
- LA Galaxy (2): But, it’s hard not to put LA #1 right now. Edson Buddle is scoring at will.
- N.Y. Red Bulls (11): Wow. They’ve won 2 in a row (and finally on the road) so they surge.
- Houston Dynamo (5): The Orange may have lost Chingy, but they picked up 3 points.
- Colorado Rapids (6): Smith’s crew fought hard for a draw with Chi-town @ the Dick.
- Real Salt Lake (4): Beckerman’s bunch falls due to a cruel defeat @ the foot of Davis.
- N.E. Revolution (12): They shoot up the standings due to a terrific road win.
- K.C. Wizards (8): KCW had the week off. So, per my rules, they won’t budge.
- Toronto FC (9): Guess who else didn’t have a game last week. That’s right, the Reds!
- FC Dallas (10): Another team who got a bye in WK 2? Lucky you Former Burn!
- Seattle Sounders (3): They fall for losing to NY who hadn’t won away since the Bush era.
- Chicago Fire (7): John and McBride scored, but they couldn’t pick up 3 points.
- Chivas USA (13): Note to Goats, dropping two straight to start the year never helps.
- DC United (14): A second consecutive sad performance. This is getting really ugly.
- Philly Union (15): You don’t play, you don’t move. Hmm, have I mentioned that yet?
- S.J. Earthquakes (16): SJ didn’t play either. I got a feeling MLS sucks at scheduling games.
STO Player of the Week:
Week 2: Kenny Mansally (NER)
Week 1: Javier Morales (RSL)
My MFLS Update:
Week 2 was pretty good for my squad, yet I still came up short in some early season tournaments. I bet heavily on Houston and LA, which worked out for me. With many MLS teams idle, my 22 point haul doesn’t look too shabby. It was good enough for 5th in my division, USA vs. World, but my predictions were not as strong (12th for the week). For the first time in a long time, every team will play this Saturday, which means it will be an MFLS cornucopia of soccer.
But, before Week 3 rolls around, let’s look at my performance after Week 2:
Out of 2,634 teams, I am currently:
#519 in the Fantasy League; and
#607 in the Prediction League.
Here is how I stack up against the savvy managers in my historic division, USA vs. World.
Out of 30 teams, I am currently:
#18 in the Fantasy League; and
#14 in the Prediction League.
Finally, here is my cup history for 2010:
Elite Cup: Eliminated in First Round.
MFLS Open Cup: Eliminated in First Round.
Geographic Cup: Eliminated in First Round.
Please wish my squad luck. We’ll need it.