- Columbus Crew (1): GBS proved he’s still got it in a 2-0 win over Toronto.
- LA Galaxy (2): It wasn’t pretty, but a 1-0 win over NER keeps them at #2.
- Seattle Sounders (3): They looked darn good, but they did play the Union.
- Real Salt Lake (6): A 4-0 win? Maybe their road woes are a thing of the past?
- Houston Dynamo (4): Kinnear’s bunch dug deep for a road tie against Dallas.
- Colorado Rapids (9): A very nice win on the road for Smith’s squad vs. CHV.
- Chicago Fire (5): The Windy City took a tumble in NY’s new digs, so they fall.
- K.C. Wizards (13): The week’s biggest climber put a 4-0 beatdown on DCU.
- Toronto FC (7): Nobody puts baby in a corner, nor beats CMB at home.
- FC Dallas (8): A tie vs. HOU isn’t bad, but it ain’t enough for the Former Burn.
- N.Y. Red Bulls (14): A win over CHI to open their new stadium was sweet.
- N.E. Revolution (10): A tough WK 1 loss for a team that has injury problems.
- Chivas USA (12): The Goats dropped a home game to start the season.
- DC United (11): The week’s biggest faller, they looked flat against KCW.
- Philly Union (16): They move up due to a gutsy display vs. SEA.
- S.J. Earthquakes (15): Well, and because SJE flat out sucks. Seriously.
STO Player of the Week:
Week 1: Javier Morales (RSL)
MFLS Update – Week 1 Recap:
My team, the Laws of Lalas, got off to a good start with 25 points, which would typically be a strong week. Unfortunately, several teams enjoyed huge opening weeks and, as a result, my crew didn’t fare as well as it could have. I also had a decent week when it came to predictions, but I couldn’t compete with the top prognosticators. Out of 2,542 teams, I am currently #981 in the Fantasy League and #772 in the Prediction League. Not too shabby, but…
I am really struggling in my division, USA vs. World. Out of 30 teams, I am #25 in the Fantasy League (my division is stronger than the league average, obviously) and #16 in the Prediction League. As for Cup competitions, I am currently losing to a fellow Alabamian by just 7 points in the Geographic Cup. The second leg is this week, and I hope I can advance to the next round. But, to do so, I am going to need to pick up the pace. Please, wish my squad luck.