- LA Galaxy (1): Another week, another win, another tip o’ the cap to Arena.
- Colorado Rapids (4): The Rapids liked being @ the Dick this week. What?
- Columbus Crew (2): 2 games resulted in only 1 point for crumbling CMB.
- Real Salt Lake (3): RSL needed more than a single point against DC.
- N.Y. Red Bulls (7): Everyone’s bullish on NYRB after their two win week.
- Toronto FC (5): The Wiz can’t score, but neither can DeRo and Co.
- S.J. Earthquakes (6): The Quakes could only shake 1 point from 2 games.
- FC Dallas (9): Pizza Hut Park was finally the sight of a Former Burn win.
- Chicago Fire (10): A (relatively) solid performance for CHI resulted in a W.
- Seattle Sounders (11): SEA really impressed by roundly besting the Revs.
- Houston Dynamo (8): Kinnear’s bunch dropped a deuce (2 Ls) vs. NY & LA.
- K.C. Wizards (13): 1 point on the road will at least keeps the Wiz flowing.
- N.E. Revolution (12): NER looked overmatched against that Seattle side.
- Philly Union (14): Nowak must hate to lose to CHI, the team he capped.
- Chivas USA (15): Wow, another loss. If CHV gets much worse, DCU may rise.
- DC United (16): Then again, they can’t beat anyone, even when @ home.
STO (& MFLS) Player of the Week:
Week 11: Michael Stephens (LAG)
Week 10: Dwayne De Rosario (TFC)
Week 9: Will Hesmer (CMB)
Week 8: Alvaro Saborio (RSL)
Week 7: Landon Donovan (LAG)
Week 6: Edson Buddle (LAG)
Week 5: Dwayne De Rosario (TFC)
Week 4: Mike Chabala (HOU)
Week 3: Zach Schilawski (NER)
Week 2: Kenny Mansally (NER)
Week 1: Javier Morales (RSL)
My MFLS Update:
Week 11 was (once again) disappointing for my squad. I left more goals on the bench (Pappa & Zakuani) then I placed on the pitch (Wondo). DeRo disappointed big time (especially after last week) and the clean sheet of Coundoul could not prevent my team from elimination in the first major intradivisional cup of the year (The International Cup). Alas, Alexi has lost again. Now, we all must deal with a wicked Week 12, when half of the teams in the league will be idle.
But, before Week 12 rolls around, let’s look at my performance after Week 11:
Out of 2,786 teams, I am currently:
#125 in the Fantasy League; and
#45 in the Prediction League.
Here is how I stack up against the savvy managers in my historic MFLS division, USA vs. World.
Out of 30 teams, I am currently:
#7 in the Fantasy League; and
#5 in the Prediction League.
Finally, here is my cup history for 2010:
Elite Cup: Eliminated in First Round by Ladanday Rovers FC.
Geographic Cup: Eliminated in First Round by EHS Wildcats.
MFLS Open Cup: Failed to Qualify.
Mug O’ Suds Cup: Failed to Qualify.
International Cup: Eliminated in Quarterfinals by SDFC Macross.
Previous Cups & Honors: None.
Yes, my MFLS Fantasy League trophy cabinet is still bare. I have had a little success in the Prediction League though. Last year, I finished in the Top 25 out of over 1,500 teams and in 2008 I finished in the Top 50 out of 2,250 teams. Unfortunately, my numbers in the Fantasy League have never been as good though, and I have never reached my main goal, which is to finish a season in the MFLS Top 100. I have been close though. In fact, I have just missed it a couple years in a row now, so I am hoping this is the year I can finally break through. Please wish my squad luck. We’ll need it.