MLS Power Rankings (06/02) – Last Week’s Rank In Parenthesis
- LA Galaxy (1): After beating the Crew @ Ohio, LA has no peers. Zero.
- Columbus Crew (2): A tough result, but CMB will still stay here @ #2.
- Real Salt Lake (4): Another strong performance for RSL @ Rio Tinto.
- Colorado Rapids (5): A 1-0 win has Casey & Co. rising in the rankings.
- Toronto FC (8): The bedreaded Canuck struck again away vs. SJE.
- S.J. Earthquakes (3): DeRo derailed SJE’s rapid run with a brace.
- N.Y. Red Bulls (6): A close one slipped away from NYRB in New England.
- Houston Dynamo (7): A pathetic performance for Kinnear’s bunch vs. PHI.
- FC Dallas (9): The Former Burn finagled one point from the Fire @ Chi-town.
- Chicago Fire (12): CHI moves up by default due to some squad’s squalors.
- Seattle Sounders (10): Such as Seattle, who needs to find the net next week.
- N.E. Revolution (14): The Revs picked up three points, but rise only 2 spots.
- K.C. Wizards (11): The defense ceded 4 goals and the offense looks anemic.
- Philly Union (15): Philly moves up after a majestic road win over Houston.
- Chivas USA (13): CHV falls after suffering the ignominy of losing to DCU.
- DC United (16): Though they beat the Goats, they still belong in my dungeon.
STO (& MFLS) Player of the Week:
Week 10: Dwayne De Rosario (TFC)
Week 9: Will Hesmer (CMB)
Week 8: Alvaro Saborio (RSL)
Week 7: Landon Donovan (LAG)
Week 6: Edson Buddle (LAG)
Week 5: Dwayne De Rosario (TFC)
Week 4: Mike Chabala (HOU)
Week 3: Zach Schilawski (NER)
Week 2: Kenny Mansally (NER)
Week 1: Javier Morales (RSL)
My MFLS Update:
Week 10 was disappointing for my squad. I thought I had set things up quite well with every starter enjoying the friendly confines of a home field, yet MLS went wild again this week with away upsets, so my team actually did not fare very well. My biggest mistake was going with Wondo over DeRo, which cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 points alone. Now, we have a very tough week ahead with several teams playing two games and endless possibilities.
But, before Week 11 rolls around, let’s look at my performance after Week 10:
Out of 2,777 teams, I am currently:
#138 in the Fantasy League; and
#71 in the Prediction League.
Here is how I stack up against the savvy managers in my historic MFLS division, USA vs. World.
Out of 30 teams, I am currently:
#6 in the Fantasy League; and
#5 in the Prediction League.
Finally, here is my cup history for 2010:
Elite Cup: Eliminated in First Round by Ladanday Rovers FC.
Geographic Cup: Eliminated in First Round by EHS Wildcats.
MFLS Open Cup: Failed to Qualify.
Mug O’ Suds Cup: Failed to Qualify.
International Cup: In progress. Lost first leg of Quarterfinal by 11 pts.
Previous Cups & Honors: None.
Yes, my MFLS Fantasy League trophy cabinet is still bare. I have had a little success in the Prediction League though. Last year, I finished in the Top 25 out of over 1,500 teams and in 2008 I finished in the Top 50 out of 2,250 teams. Unfortunately, my numbers in the Fantasy League have never been as good though, and I have never reached my main goal, which is to finish a season in the MFLS Top 100. I have been close though. In fact, I have just missed it a couple years in a row now, so I am hoping this is the year I can finally break through. Please wish my squad luck.
We’ll need it.