MLS Power Rankings (05/26) – Last Week’s Rank In Parenthesis
- LA Galaxy (1): Arena’s army won on the road without LD & EB. Wow.
- Columbus Crew (2): Two wins in one week has CMB hot on LA’s tail.
- S.J. Earthquakes (3): SJE got a shocking road win over Sigi’s squad.
- Real Salt Lake (6): Speaking of away victories, RSL got one vs. CHV.
- Colorado Rapids (5): You don’t play, you don’t move. It’s tradition.
- N.Y. Red Bulls (4): NYRB lost by two @ home, so they fall two spots.
- Houston Dynamo (7): Yes, they picked up 3 pts, but they played DCU.
- Toronto FC (10): Even with their two main maestros gone, TOR won.
- FC Dallas (8): Another loss @ Pizza Hut Park has Hyndman hurting.
- Seattle Sounders (9): Seattle sure looks subpar @ Qwest this season.
- K.C. Wizards (11): They should have fallen after losing @ home vs CMB.
- Chicago Fire (12): But (stupid) STO Rules say I can’t move idle CHI up.
- Chivas USA (13): I wish I could move the Goats down, but nowhere to go.
- N.E. Revolution (14): Because NER can’t win a game to save their lives.
- Philly Union (15): And Philly didn’t play, so they sit still for another week.
- DC United (16): DCU isn’t just bad. They’re pathetic. I wish we had relegation.
STO Player of the Week:
Week 9: Will Hesmer (CMB)
Week 8: Alvaro Saborio (RSL)
Week 7: Landon Donovan (LAG)
Week 6: Edson Buddle (LAG)
Week 5: Dwayne De Rosario (TFC)
Week 4: Mike Chabala (HOU)
Week 3: Zach Schilawski (NER)
Week 2: Kenny Mansally (NER)
Week 1: Javier Morales (RSL)
My MFLS Update:
Week 9 was a tough one for my MFLS team. I tumbled roughly 50 places in both the Prediction League and the Fantasy League due to the fact I only managed to put up 8 points in both games. Meanwhile, many other managers posted pretty big weeks despite the fact many of the league’s biggest names were off for National Team duty. Now, Week 10 poses some problematic matchups for many squads, and everyone is looking to put up big numbers.
But, before Week 10 rolls around, let’s look at my performance after Week 9:
Out of 2,772 teams, I am currently:
#85 in the Fantasy League; and
#124 in the Prediction League.
Here is how I stack up against the savvy managers in my historic MFLS division, USA vs. World.
Out of 30 teams, I am currently:
#6 in the Fantasy League; and
#5 in the Prediction League.
Finally, here is my cup history for 2010:
Elite Cup: Eliminated in First Round by Ladanday Rovers FC.
Geographic Cup: Eliminated in First Round by EHS Wildcats.
MFLS Open Cup: Failed to Qualify.
Mug O’ Suds Cup: Failed to Qualify.
International Cup: In progress. Advanced to Quarterfinals (5-1-0 record).
Previous Cups & Honors: None.
Yes, my MFLS Fantasy League trophy cabinet is still bare. I have had a little success in the Prediction League though. Last year, I finished in the Top 25 out of over 1,500 teams and in 2008 I finished in the Top 50 out of 2,250 teams. Unfortunately, my numbers in the Fantasy League have never been as good though, and I have never reached my main goal, which is to finish a season in the MFLS Top 100. I have been close though. In fact, I have just missed it a couple years in a row now, so I am hoping this is the year I can finally break through.
Please wish my squad luck. We’ll need it.