Week 8 (05/06)
Last Week’s Ranking in Parenthesis…
- Chivas USA (1): This team has more grit and determination than any other squad. A road win keeps them #1.
- Seattle (2): A sweet comeback to tie with Chicago, on the road no less, keeps SEA in the hunt with the Goats.
- D.C. (7): United has been scaling these rankings, and their home win puts them on top of the Eastern Conf.
- Chicago (3): Still no losses, but five ties in seven games? The Fire may be the best, but they aren’t winning.
- Colorado (10): In the week’s surprise result, the Rapids blanked RSL and are rewarded with a top 5 rank here.
- Kansas City (6): You don’t play, you don’t move. But, KC should maybe be one spot further down this week.
- Toronto (5): The Reds were very lucky to escape with an ugly tie against CMB @ BMO. So, they fall two spots.
- Salt Lake (4): RSL didn’t look like a team that scored 6 goals last week. They looked bad, so they creep down.
- New England (8): A loss at home against a huge rival (HOU) hurts, but they’ve still only played five games.
- Houston (9): Just when you think the Dynamo are too “old”, they play like they’re still the same “old” dynasty.
- L.A. (13): Oh my God! The Gals finally won a game! Sure, they were @ home against NY, but who cares? Phew.
- Columbus (12): Oh my God! CMB (2008 Cup & Shield winner) still hasn’t won a game! When do they play NY?
- San Jose (11): SJE lost a tough one @ home too to the Bully Goats. Where have you gone Darren Huckerby?
- Dallas (15): Why did they move up even after they lost? DCU didn’t look too bad, and both LA and NYRB did.
- New York (14): NYT headline said “Clean Sheet for LA vs. NYRB”. Dallas is bad, but at least they might score.