Week 7 (04/29)
Last Week’s Ranking in Parenthesis…
- Chivas USA (1): One win and one loss ain’t too shabby, and they have still only allowed 3 goals in 7 games.
- Seattle (4): Another win and another shutout for SEA. Sigi looks like a genius and the 2009 Coach of the Year.
- Chicago (2): Yet another tie for the Fire. Still no losses, but they simply can’t seem to do enough to get wins.
- Salt Lake (6): What a performance. Six goals and a shutout to boot. RSL suddenly looks like a real contender.
- Toronto (12): Two 1-0 wins have the Reds looking good despite (or due to) losing Carver and climbing this list.
- Kansas City (5): A win and a loss isn’t a bad haul, but I still think this squad is mediocre so they fall one spot.
- D.C. (8): A much needed win for United makes them the current sleeper squad who could surprise folks later.
- New England (3): Not just a loss, but a really, really, really, really ugly one. Six goals conceded in one half?
- Houston (9): You don’t play, you don’t move. Even I’ll admit Houston probably deserves to be further down.
- Colorado (7): A tie to the lowly Galaxy? Even @ the Dick? I’m afraid the Rapids just don’t have enough talent.
- San Jose (10): Another disappointing loss on the road (where they still haven’t scored) has SJE going down.
- Columbus (11): CMB blew a 2-0 lead at home and still has no wins. They are better than their record though.
- L.A. (15): The Gals got a tie on the road thanks to some late magic from Donovan. Still no wins in ’09 though.
- New York (13): Another week, another loss for NY. This loss was even more devastating as it was @ home.
- Dallas (14): The Former Burn got roasted yet again. They’ve got the worst goal differential in the league too.