Week 4 (04/08)
Last Week’s Ranking in Parenthesis…
- Seattle (2): I said I would move them up if they won on the road, and they got a third straight shut out.
- Chicago (1): It’s hard to move them from the top after another win, but Seattle deserves the recognition.
- Chivas USA (3): Prior to the season, I thought they would be scrappy, and they proved it yet again.
- New England (6): They were very lucky to pick up the win, but guys like Nicol can create such breaks.
- Salt Lake (8): RSL looked very good dismantling the defending champs, so they move up three spots.
- Colorado (10): They may be this season’s biggest surprise outside of the Sounders. Casey is a beast.
- D.C. (11): United has exceeded expectations so far, and a nice win has them climbing these rankings.
- Toronto (5): The Reds looked flat against SEA even though they were at home. That doesn’t bode well.
- Kansas City (14): The Wiz finally played with some chemistry and looked great, so they move way up.
- Houston (7): HOU is starting to play as old as they are. With a tough schedule, it could be a long year.
- Columbus (4): Wow. Talk about a really tough week. Two ugly losses land them outside the top ten.
- San Jose (9): Another uninspired performance from the Earthquakes. They just can’t win on the road.
- L.A. (13): Though they lost, they actually showed some tenacity in battling back, so they stay at #13.
- New York (12): With only one goal in three games, NYRB looks nothing like they did at the end of ’09.
- Dallas (15): Three games, two of them at home, yet the Former Burn have picked up zero points. Yikes.