Week 22 (08/12)
Last Week’s Ranking in Parenthesis…
- Houston (1): The Dynamo just got the win @ home vs. East Beast Chicago, so they stay #1 for this week.
- Columbus (3): The Crew got a win big on the road @ SJE, so they deserve their rise in the weekly rankings.
- Chicago (2): The Fire fought hard @ HOU, and I don’t think this loss will get them down for too long.
- L.A. (5): The Gals have been the year’s biggest surprise (along with the Sounders). They deserve to rise again.
- Colorado (9): Colorado makes the biggest jump due to their absolute embarassment of the past Bully Goats.
- Chivas USA (4): The Goats are Bullies no more, and if Preki can’t stop this slide, they will miss the playoffs.
- Seattle (6): The Sounders have also been less than stellar lately, and I think the Barca beat down hurt them.
- D.C. (8): DC didn’t play in MLS so they don’t move, but Real Madrid showed why La Liga is a far better league.
- New England (7): The Revs lost @ home, their usual fortress of power. I fear Nicol may miss the postseason.
- Toronto (10): The Reds perhaps deserve to stay put after a week off (except for a 5-1 beatdown from Madrid).
- Salt Lake (11): RSL got a W @ home, but they are not moving up yet because that is the only place they win.
- Dallas (12): Dallas won again! Against Houston, no less. But, until this run proves for real, they will stay put.
- Kansas City (13): A coach was fired not named Osorio? Really? Let’s see how Vermes steers the sinking ship.
- San Jose (14): SJE suffered a disappointing loss @ home. It seems they just can’t find the right chemistry.
- New York (15): They didn’t play. They wouldn’t have moved anyways. They may be down here for good.