Week 17 (07/08)
Last Week’s Ranking in Parenthesis…
- Houston (1): A gritty road win in classic Houston Dynamo style (1-0) has Kinnear’s boys proving the naysayers wrong.
- Chivas USA (2): The Goats didn’t play, and I wouldn’t have moved them anyways. They’ve had a long break.
- Seattle (3): No game last week. Sigi spent his week off making room for his 2009 Coach of the Year Award.
- Chicago (5): A win on the road for the Chicago Fire, and a Red Stars win @ home could finally lift Toyota Park’s curse.
- Columbus (4): A disappointing tie @ Crew Stadium with DC United cost Columbus the East lead, but they still look stoic.
- D.C. (6): A draw with GBS and the Crew is nice, and I guarantee you they would have lost that game last year.
- Colorado (7): They should fall after losing at home, but Chicago is scorching on the road with a 5-1-3 record.
- L.A. (12): A great run so I finally must suck it up and move them. I think they bust once Becks is back though.
- Toronto (9): No game, no shame. Toronto FC should probably be rising this week, but I don’t love their chances.
- Kansas City (8): KC is so mediocre this year, especially when WCQ steals all their stars. Stupid MLS schedule!
- Salt Lake (11): Real Salt Lake got a point at home last week, but against lowly San Jose Earthquakes. They have been poor on the road, too.
- New England (10): Another uninspired loss on the road for the Revs, who now have an away -10 differential.
- Dallas (13): Like Los Angeles, FC Dallas is turning heads by turning their slow start around. Will it be too little too late?
- San Jose (14): A nice tie at RSL has the Quakes’ confidence rising, but they need to sustain it for the duration.
- New York (15): Another road loss? Seriously? 10 in 11 games? At least they scored their second away goal. Isn’t it sad that such an ugly feat could be a silver lining? Seriously, Osorio needs to go. Who’s he sleeping with?