Week 16 (07/01)
Last Week’s Ranking in Parenthesis…
- Houston (1): A loss? To the Galaxy? Seriously? They hold @ #1 though because it was likely an aberration.
- Chivas USA (2): The Goats didn’t play (again), so they don’t move. I wouldn’t have put them lower anyways.
- Seattle (3): A hometown beatdown of the Rapids by three goals had all 32,000+ fans praising Sigi Schmid.
- Columbus (7): A vintage 1-0 win for the Crew over NY catapults the suddenly strong squad into the top five.
- Chicago (5): Can’t move the Fire this week pursuant to STO Power Rankings rules. Yeah, I know they suck.
- D.C. (6): Like the Fire, United had a little R&R from league play last week, so they will retain their 6th ranking.
- Colorado (4): A rough week for COL (one loss, one tie) have them slipping down this list rapidly (terrible pun).
- Kansas City (8): No game, so no shame for me in not moving the Wiz, but they could be down a bit further.
- Toronto (9): An easy win @ BMO over NY didn’t make up for an ugly road loss @ RSL, but 3 points isn’t bad.
- New England (10): Why does the team who has played the least number of games get yet another break?
- Salt Lake (11): A victory over the Reds (3-0) should have moved RSL up this week, but too many idle squads.
- L.A. (12): A win without Donovan over the #1 team on the table has the Gals excited, but it isn’t enough yet.
- Dallas (13): Yet another tie for the Former Burn, but at least this time it was on the road. What a boring team.
- San Jose (14): SJE didn’t play, so they won’t move. In all honesty, there is really nowhere to go for them but down.
- New York (15): NY’s brutal schedule set them up to lose twice on the road this week. They have only scored one goal in 10 away games all year (0-9-1) and have ceded a whopping 17. When will Osorio get a pink slip?