Week 13 (06/10)
Last Week’s Ranking in Parenthesis…
- Chivas USA (1): The Goats picked up a huge home win over the Sounders and cemented their place on top.
- Houston (2): The Dynamo are on a roll and have the best defense in the league. But, can they maintain it?
- Chicago (3): Sure, Chicago lost @ home, but they are used to it by now and they are still tops in the East.
- D.C. (7): DC is challenging CHI for the top spot in the East, and another home win sure helps them catch up.
- Seattle (5): Seattle lost a hard-fought game to Chivas on the road, so I won’t be dropping them this week.
- Colorado (4): COL didn’t look great without without Casey and Pablo , but they did get a road draw @ RSL.
- New England (9): Nicol’s boys are rising once again after dominating the lowly Red Bulls @ Foxboro.
- Columbus (10): Columbus, like Houston, started to look like their old self as GBS notched two vs. the Wiz.
- L.A. (11): I can’t believe I am saying this: but… LA is in the top 10 and they have the least Ls (but Ws too).
- Kansas City (6): KC suffers the biggest slip after getting schooled @ home. They define mediocrity to me.
- Toronto (8): The Reds fall 3 spots due to a home loss of their own. Their defense suddenly looks porous.
- Salt Lake (12): Salt Lake really deserves to fall this week, but I just can’t put them below the bottom three.
- Dallas (13): The Burn have been playing better the last few weeks, but they still sadly suck at Pizza Hut Park.
- San Jose (14): The Quakes got a tie @ Dallas, but they have the worst D in the league, and one less point than DAL.
- New York (15): Two away games. Two more losses. NYRB’s road record is 0 wins, 6 losses, one tie. That’s ugly. But, it’s not as ugly as the fact they have scored zero goals in those 7 games. Ouch.