Week 11 (05/27)
Last Week’s Ranking in Parenthesis…
- Chivas USA (1): The Goats picked up a tie on the road vs. KC, and they are still the cream of the MLS crop.
- Chicago (2): The Fire got a win on the road, and their unbeaten streak has reached a whopping 10 games.
- Seattle (3): Seattle mustered a tie @ the Dick, and Sigi still is leading one of the league’s strongest squads.
- Houston (6): Houston has been rising in these rankings thanks to their D, and 3 goals last week was nice.
- Toronto (8): Toronto gets the “Jekyll & Hyde” Award for ’09 so far. You just never know who will show up.
- D.C. (4): DCU tied, so it is a shame I am dropping them for the 2nd straight week. But, you need Ws @ home.
- Colorado (7): A hard fought tie with the Sounders has the Rapids staying put this week. I like their grit.
- Kansas City (5): A tie against the Goats shouldn’t drop you three spots, but KCW just looks mediocre.
- Salt Lake (10): RSL’s defense saved their bacon and eeked out a tie on the road, but they will need more.
- L.A. (11): LA? Rising? Ten games. Eight ties. Crazy as it sounds, they have the 2nd fewest Ls this season.
- New England (9): A bad result on the road for the Revs is nothing new, but it must be getting old for Nicol.
- Columbus (12): You don’t play, you just don’t move. I wouldn’t have swapped CMB anyhow this week.
- New York (13): NY lost @ home, so they should fall, but the bottom two teams are just sooooo crappy.
- Dallas (15): Dallas gets a second straight tie at home, but they move up this week b/c the Quakes plain suck.
- San Jose (14): Ah, SJE finds its way back to the bottom after dropping another game. Their D is miserable.