Dunga Names Provisional 30 Man Squad Today

Football fans around the world are eagerly awaiting the release of Brazil’s provisional world cup squad today. The anxiety surrounding Dunga’s announcement is palpable everywhere as the whole world waits to see if he includes Ronaldinho in his squad.

Ronaldinho has been in outstanding form for his club Milan all through out the season and many  including myself expect Dunga to reward him by offering him a position in the Selecao squad however unlikely it may seem.

Remember how Milan lost more than 16,000 regular fans when Kaka moved to Real Madrid? Well, Dunga and the Brazil contingent should not be surprised if sorry when they get the worst possible reception in SA.

If what i am reading is anything to go by then Dunga will live to regret his decision of not including Dinho in his squad. In fact, it might be what he is remembered for. I can already see the headlines ‘The coach who let personal feelings come between his country and history’Apparently, people are not only angry with Dunga but die hard Brazil fans have vowed not to support the Selecao at the World Cup.

What makes this debacle even more annoying is the fact that Dunga has no legitimate reason of excluding Ronaldinho. I mean have you tried to ask yourself what Dunga has against Dinho? Rumour has it that Ronaldinho mixed Dunga so bad, that he is still yet to get over it.

Ronaldinho on the other hand can have the peace of knowing that he has performed his best this season and if he does not make it to South Africa, then he at least has his 2002 winners medal to comfort him. The play maker had this to say:

“I have been giving my message in the games I have been playing. All I can do is show my best in these games and then see what happens.”

“I have accomplished many of my dreams as a player but I still have much more to give. I’m enjoying my football at the moment but I know nothing is guaranteed.”

“Dunga told me that he would not call me up if he did not have a place in the first team. He told me to focus on my club form and that is exactly what I have been doing. Now I feel ready to give my best for Brazil again.”

Today the world will know if Dunga is a man of his word.

Photo credit: from blueskyman123

• suraka May 29, 2010, 8:04 am

where is andriano

• cley May 21, 2010, 8:15 pm

dunga, can you stop what you are doing? ronaldinho is a beter player than you.and he has done more than you did for brazil. i will not watch tv when brazil is playing, why? because i will like to see your face on a screen tv. i will rather go to sa to meet up with your urgly face to give you a present. and that present will be a big punch on nose. dunga=dumn ass, idiot, old selfich man and stupid urgly ass dude. i hate to say this but it is true, ronaldinho is a better player than you were. so, go fuck yourself, old dude. when u was nothing you was nice. now you got power you blind.

• marco warren May 18, 2010, 4:44 pm

I think that ronaldinho should win the award because of his great performances for Milan. I also think that Dunga is not well in the head for leaving him out of the Brazil team so far. Ronaldinho is the cause of 26 and more goals in the Serie A for Milan. Ronaldinho has really piced up his “A” game and is a great player. I think that he is the best passer and playmaker in the game of football. He has great natural abilities. For a player maturing well into the game, Ronaldinho is a good player for any team

• joseph May 18, 2010, 2:09 pm

i dont know what u have against ronaldinho but PLEASE we are pleading to see him in the world cup squad.speaking on behalf of every Brazil’s fans i beg of u coach Dunga.

• finch miester May 16, 2010, 7:19 pm

we need to see Ronaldinhio in action in south africa in 2010 because he the potential of being the world best.

• DOUGLAS YUH May 14, 2010, 2:06 pm

am very disappointed not to see Ronaldhino during the word cup. may be Dunga is right.
    but soccer in South Africa will be pretty boring without the show maker.
    Dunga , you said you are taking out a winning team to south Africa come June because they claim the confederations cup and 2008 whatever.
    know this Dunga, the world cup is an entirely different universe.

• RS May 12, 2010, 2:50 am

see the video below of Ronaldinho toying badly with Dunga multiple times on the field.

• Brazilian May 11, 2010, 9:09 pm

It’s true, Dunga is an idiot and i certainly will not be supporting brazil in the world cup now (GO FRANCE), but oh how it must feel to support other countries, the managers of spain england italy will definetely be relieved to not see this magnificent playmaker against them on the pitch and also the fans such as John Collins, he only left this comment because he is probably happy not to see Ronaldhino there to tear apart Englands defence is they play them!!!!
    Dunga just leave the job now and give it back to scolari or something because after the world cup if you don’t win it imagine the threats ur gna get.

• gabo May 11, 2010, 6:32 pm

he isnt the only one who failed at the 06 wc. you are very ignorant to think ronaldinho is the failure when robinho, adriano, lucio and many others failed to impress. maybe you feel like dunga where everyone knew dinho was the best but maybe his average play let you down. but dunga has not even given ronaldinho a shot to perform for brazil in 2010 when he was starting to regain form but instead gave an overweight and unfit adriano who couldnt even perform in europe anymore multiple chances and that is not fair at all. and what is the gamble of taking ronaldinho? like ramires, julio baptista, or even kaka have performed better this season. the risk is not taking dinho and now that dunga has done that his failure in S.A. will be remembered as he will go down as the most stubborn coach of the generation!

• John Collins May 11, 2010, 10:13 am

“What makes this debacle even more annoying is the fact that Dunga has no legitimate reason of excluding Ronaldinho.”

No legitimate reason? He is the manager, what more reason do you want? Ronaldinho had his chance at World Cup 2006, and he proved that he wasn’t the player everyone thought he could be… His attitude is awful, so why would Dunga take a risk like bringing a combustible element like Ronaldinho into his squad so late in the day!?

Yes, he has shown glimpses that he is a great player this season, but why take this gamble so he can offer yet another glimpse of the talent that he has wasted?

• Dennis Yeboah May 11, 2010, 6:15 am

Dunga please we need to see Ronaldinho in south Africa. Please we beg !!!!